A Pop-Up Corner Market
in West Hollywood
A Pop-Up Corner Market
An open-to-the-public, pop-up outdoor retail marketplace
featuring a weekly rotating mix of 16 innovative LA-based brands and 4 food trucks,
also including Free Wifi and lounge/dining areas for up to 40.
Individual vendors will include branded manufacturers of:
Clothing - Women's, Men's, Kids | Jewelry and Fashion Accessories | Home Goods and Accessories | Gift Items | Sporting Goods and Apparel
(Sample images to convey the intended feel of the co.lective corner market)
11:00am - 8:00pm.
Modular structures like these, will be placed around the property to enclose, sell, and display all merchandise.
Modular units will be enhanced, painted and outfitted to create a steady in/out, walkable flow through the merchandise displays as well as the open-air environment. Patios, walkways, and seating/lounging areas will be enhanced with plants and potted shade trees.
We will feature a curated mix of products from LA-based lifestyle and fashion brands, (with a focus on Made in LA, sustainable, eco-friendly, give-back brands).
Ambient music will stream via ipod in the background.
One food truck will sell coffee/pastries, etc. And 1-3 additional food trucks (up to 4 trucks maximum) will sell various lunch items. (No alcohol will be sold, only food.) This gives people even more of a reason to enter the market, stay, hang out, and do their own work from their computers.
Electricity and plumbing is onsite. (Potentially with bathroom already installed in small house, otherwise will rent a nice trailor bathroom - no porta potties).
Free wifi incentivizes shoppers to stay awhile and hang out, thus increasing chances for sales and allowing brands to best utilize the day.
1. This business plan is conceived because this space exists as it does, where it does. Every time I walk by, I wonder why a business like this isn't already happening. This business plan can start almost immediately without the need to rebuild or develop the land. It takes advantage of the existing brick patios and sections of soil and cement. And the neighbors will welcome a new business withouth the hassle of dealing with more construction.
2. Brands are eager to sell directly to the public in outdoor venues and pop-ups such as this. Bulletin is a business hosting pop-ups in NYC that provides a point of comparison to this proposed business plan.
3. This area is experiencing rapid growth, increased foot traffic and neighborhood revitalization. With Trader Joes, new condos, and the revitalization of the historic Hollywood Warner Studios across the street, residents and professionals will find this market to be a convenient and inspiring place to meet for a quick lunch, take a break during their day, and find some unique items from LA brands.
4. Shoppers are looking for more entertainment and mixed uses out of their retail experiences, including coffe and food options, and millennials are looking to support more authentic, transparent, up and coming brands.
5. The organizer has 17 years of experience in event planning, retail management, fashion sales, and production/manufacturing. If this business is permitted, this website is equipped to become an e-commerce marketplace selling all the products offered by vendors participating in the market.
Parking and Load In / Load Out
Community Giveback and Involvement